“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
A great quote! Although, I am scared to say that this week a bunch of my “experimental” cards didn’t live up to the hype. Some of the cards look great in my hand, but don’t translate into great pictures; and another that I painted as an amazing background, only to realize that it has a big streak crossing through it 😦
Well, its both tiresome and an eye-opener, because I know I’ll be more careful now. I really want to be able to share all my creations and would like to keep mistakes to a minimum 🍸.
Well, here is a card that DID turn out great. This is my first time trying out the clear front card. Safe to say, I really liked the way its blooming💐.
The card started out with the background. I used the purple paper cardstock from Recollections, Michaels. I used the stencils from Art Minds using Distress Oxides Wilted Violet and Peeled paint. I had to keep lifting it and placing it in spaces that were empty to give a full stenciled background look.
Before attaching the acetate to the back of the card, I created an envelope using We R Memory Keepers 1-2-3 Punch board. It measures 3.5″x3.5″, square envelope.
I used Spellbinders Large Die of the Month – Cherish vine dies on a floral patterned paper. If you don’t want to color or use single tones, this is a great way to add an extra element to any card.
Now, here is what I did to create that faux wax seal. I used Ranger Liquid Pearls Brass to make circles around the die cut vines and let it dry for a few hours. I really wasn’t sure whether this would work, but I am optimistic that it looks decent 😉
I cut clear acetate sheet 4.25″x6″ (so that .5″ can be folded at the back of the card to create the flap). The card itself is a standard 4.25″x5.5″. I also cut out a piece of paper to attach it at the backside of the acetate flap so that you can’t see the tape that is used to adhere the envelope.
I used the sentiment Sending Love from Fun Stampers Journey with Hero Arts Unicorn pigment ink. I also used the Punch board to round out the edges.
Finally, I used Fun Stampers Journey Confetti Sparkle elements Clear Sparkle and Lemon grass to add as embellishments. This definitely took a much longer time than expected as I didn’t want the glue to show too much through the clear acetate.
After tha…. Ok Ok I am done. I know that was a long process. But, phew! Hope you liked the card and if you have any questions regarding any how-tos, please get in touch!
I am entering this card in the Creative Knockouts challenge #401 Flower Power.
PS: If you made it till here, kudos to you!! And lots of 💕.