Hi there. Thank you for stopping by and reading through my blog.
As you know, Clever Dexter is running it’s month long challenge and the theme is “Something New”.
I have been experimenting with new techniques this month, and I am excited to use Joy Clair Designs as my muse, who is also our wonderful sponsor for this month.
For this card, I have used this amazing digital stamp set called Floral Catcher for this card. I wanted the dreamcatcher to have a dreamy look, so I decided to make a tealight display card. This card is made a in a traditional A2 card size, top folding. These are steps:
- Take a 6.5 inch length wise and 4.25 inch width wise vellum paper and score at 1 inch on the longer side and fold it. This will be the front of the card.
- To give a firmness to the vellum, use a white cardstock and cut out a rectangle to form a border that you can adhere towards the back of the vellum. Keep the rectangle piece of paper.
- I printed the Floral Dreamcatcher and colored it with Faber Castell polychromos (my first time, and I was super happy with the result). Then I fussy cut it.
- I used a string to adhere it and glued it with a glue dot on the vellum.
- To cover the white cardstock frame that I adhered at the back, I used this Paper House Production washi tape which seems to be a perfect match.
- Lastly, I cut out the quote and attached it to the top.
- Remember that rectangle piece that we cut? Take it and make a folded fan. This will be used as the base that will be attached inside to connect both of the card flaps, as can be seen in the picture here.
That’s it. This is card can be used to display with a tealight in the middle. What do you guys think of this card? Let me know in the comments.
Before you go, please join us in our challenge that will be running till the end of the month. Please check out more inspiration from my DT members over the blog, or on our social media platforms on Instagram and Facebook.
- https://pattiescreationschallenge.blogspot.com/ – Challenge 190 Anything Goes
- https://bastel-traum.blogspot.com/ – With Heart
- http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com/2022/01/challenge-205-in-love.html – Challenge 205 – In Love
- http://kleurenmetpotlodenchallenge.blogspot.com/ – Anything goes January
Thank you for hanging out with me. Take care and see you soon.