April is Watercolor theme at Clever Dexter and our sponsor is Polkadoodles. Water coloring is an amazing for of art that I have always had a soft spot for. There are multiple mediums that you can use for water coloring and today I’ve used distress oxides and a few Arteza brush pens.
For this card I printed the same image called Primrose, The Darling Buds, twice on water color paper. I colored the first image completely with the following colors:
- Arteza Autumn Red A118 and Orange A112 as streaks in the middle of the flowers
- Distress Oxide Milled Lavender for the flowers
- Distress Oxide Wilted Violet as the edges of the flowers
- Arteza Pear Green A170 and Olive Green A146 for the leaves
- Arteza Walnut Brown A164 and Orange Rust A169 for the hair
- Arteza Sunset Yellow A156 for the skin
- Distress Oxide Pumice Stone for the dress
- Arteza Bumblebee Yellow A128 and Ginger A178 for the butterflies
- Distress Oxide Wilted Violet and Seedless Preserves for the edges
I colored the flowers on the second images same as the first image and dies cut a few of them to lay over the top to add some extra dimension. Be is from Simon Says Stamp and Magical is from Erin Lee Creative. Embellishments are from Park Lane.
This card is a top folding card, measuring 4.25 inches x 5.5 inches.
The challenge is running for the entire month of April. The theme is Watercolor and please don’t forget to share your creative cards or creations with us for a chance to win prizes from our sponsor Polkadoodles. Head over to Clever Dexter to see more inspiration from my fellow DT members and don’t forget to tag us!
- http://2sistersontheblog.blogspot.com/ – Challenge #61 Pastel shades
- https://artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/ – #325 Fun with Flowers
- http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/ – Favorite: Floral or Cute: I chose floral, because it’s always a fun way to show how you are feeling and can be used they always remind you of a beautiful smell.
- https://modsquadchallenge.com/anything-goes-2/ – Anything Goes
- http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.com/ – #267 Anything Goes
- http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/ – #110 Springtime