Hello there. I always enjoy taking part in challenges. It helps me get out of my mojo, get inspired by the layout theme or color combination and just simply rediscovering my supplies. Sometimes, we get so caught up in what others make and see all the things you “don’t” have makes you feel like you aren’t doing enough. I don’t know if you guys also feel the same. Would love to hear your thoughts 🙂
Now, onto the card. Here is the template for the May monthly challenge. I really loved how bright and beautiful these colors were, and the best part, I had all of them in my stash.
I wanted to make my own background and I had this circle scallop die that I die cut a plastic sheet from (this is also a way that I make my own stencils from dies). This allowed me to then color in the negative space of the die to make my background. I used Worn Lipstick, Candied Apple and Mustard Seed for the background colors.
I stamped and die cut these Inna Alphabet that I colored in using Pine Needles and Cracked Pistachio, but smooshing them on my work surface and then using the brush, I gave it the two tone effect. I colored in the flowers with polychromos.
For the leaves I first used Mermaid Liquid pearl on a cling film and smooshed it over a white cardstock. After that, I used Pine Needles and Cracked Pistachio to smoosh it over that, to give it more depth. I heat set it and used the Curvy Leaves dies to make a few die cut leaves. I adhered these to the background and cut out the excess. I glued the letters over them. I embellished with some enamel dots from Waffle Flower.
- https://www.pinkfreshstudio.com/blogs/card-making-challenges/may-2022-challenge – Anything Spring
- https://colouringinscrapland.blogspot.com/ – May 22: Anything Goes/Emerald Green
- http://mmmchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ – #174 Springtime
- https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/ – Add Texture ( I’ve added liquid pearl texture on the leaves and then smooshed some paint)
- http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/ – Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
Hope you liked the card and would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for hanging out with me!