Thank you for stopping by.
I had made these cards a while back when I hadn’t created cards for almost two weeks. I just didn’t feel the need and purpose to craft anymore. I decided to just come on the desk and use the first thing I laid my hands on. I admit I have bought some crafty stuff and not really used it to it’s true and full potential. And so, by doing this, something unfamiliar helped me get my creative groove back.
I started off my using a color combo that I have never used or maybe seen (I am sure someone has used it, but it was new for me). It is Cracking Campfire, Dusty Concord and Peacock feather distress oxides. I really found this combo to be super fun.
I used the Fringe Frenzy kit from Concord&9th for this card. After using the above color combo, I decided to die cut the letters YAY at the top and bottom. It was at this point that I decided to make this a shaker card. The interesting thing about this shaker card is the acetate has a fun element. I actually used Dylusions Shimmer spray to give it a misty look. The stars embellishments are from Fun Stampers Journey.
I also stamped It’s Your Day in the middle to keep it simple and use it for any occasion for celebration.
The die cut letters helped me make another card. This time I used 2 of the orange Ys and the purple A. I die cut more of the same letters in white cardstock to give it layers. I used Zig Wink of Stella shimmer brush to add dots on the letters. The silly string stamp was perfect as the background. Using the fringe die, I made 4 strips that I could use as a border.
I assembled everything together and added Park Lane embellishments from JoAnn Stores. At this point I felt like I wanted to add the Hooray, but wasn’t sure where. But after I die cut the words, I decided to add it in the corner. I think that it tied the entire card together.
- http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com/ – Challenge #232 ~ Anything Goes
- https://www.simplyellibelle.com/ – Anything Goes
- http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.com/ – Challenge #553 – Celebrations
- https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/#!watch – Simon Says: Bright & Cheerful
- http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.com/ – Seeing Stars
- http://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/ – HLS June Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
- https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/#!watch – Bright & Cheerful
I hope you liked these cards and also if you are feeling stuck and not creative, this method of using something you haven’t in a while can bring back your mojo.