Hi! I have some exciting news to share…. I am now the new FT design team member of TLC Designs for the July – December 2022 term! I can’t wait to share all the wonderful projects and products with all of you.
Can you believe it’s already July? And July means the Christmas countdown has begun. Keeping that in mind I am sharing this card with you of this happy snowwoman.
I’ve used polychromos pencils to color in the image and learned a trick to make the fir tree pop. Using an embossing round tool, make a few lines in the trees, to depict the middle of the branch. Using the green pencil, make flicks from the center of that embossed line to create fir-like leaves. The colors I used were 171, 112, 163 (greens), and 177 (brown). You can go in the same direction each time, or alternate as I did.
I used a mix of blues, reds, and yellows for the ornaments and grey for the string. To make it pop, I added a white gelly roller over them. I added a few light greys and blues for the snow. I colored the remaining snowwomen in shades of pinks and purples.
Now it’s time for assembly. I cut a solid green cardstock to a standard A2 size, which I adhered to a folded white cardstock. Then I printed this digital snow paper and cut it down to slightly less than A2 size. I cut down the colored image to 4 x 2.75 inches and added a sliver thread as the base before adhering to it. Lastly, I cut the sentiment strip and using scissors made it into a banner, which I attached to the top right corner.
That’s my first card for you. I will be sharing more blog posts this month, so please be sure to come back.
Here is a link to the TLC Designs website. There are super fun and interactive dies, stamps, both clear and digital and also digital paper. Along side we have a challenge that goes on for the whole month, and the bundle is available for $5 that you can download and use to make your projects. There are prizes to be won at the store. Along with this you can join our YouTube lives every Thursday and also check out out Facebook and Instagram pages. I hope you love what you see and feel inspired.
- http://blog.dare2bartzy.com/tag/challenge/ – July Challenge: Christmas In July
- http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com/ – 185- Joy Clair Designs Anything Goes
- https://peaceonearthchristmas.blogspot.com/ – Peace On Earth Challenge #19 Anything Christmas
- http://disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.com/ – CHRISTMAS IN JULY Challenge
- https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ – Wk 28 Anything Goes
- https://sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com/ – SAS4Kids: Christmas in July
- https://taylormadecards4u.blogspot.com/m- July Challenge – Holidays in July
- https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/ – Challenge #7 Christmas in July
- https://christmas-craft-creations.blogspot.com/ – June Challenge Reminder – Trees
- http://lilredwagon.blogspot.com/ – Challenge # 661 – Christmas in July
- http://thehollyandivychristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/ – Challenge # 119 – Anything Christmas Goes
- http://unicornchallenge.blogspot.com/ – Challenge #78 Christmas in July
Thank you for being here.