Since being on the TLC Designs team, I have had such a fun time exploring all the products and also being surrounded by a group of fun and creative people. I can’t believe this is my 3rd post already! I hope you are enjoying all the creative cards I have made so far.
Today I share this curvy slider that I made using the sentiment “I’m just hopping with excitement” as the idea. I printed the sentiment and then I cut the curves and held onto the top and bottom pieces so that they would match. I chose both the printed paper from the Simply Sweet paper pack. I glued them and cut them to match the curves. As you can see the sentiment is now hidden. So I printed another and also cut it to add as an additional layer. I inked it with Twisted Citron and Bundled Sage.
Now for the assembly. I adhered to the top polka dots piece with foam tape at the back. For the slider, I used a small penny coin and added a small foam tape to it which I placed it halfway under the polka dot layer. Then the plaid layer was also adhered, covering the remainder half of the coin. That’s the assembly. Now you can stick any image you like for it to slide.
In this case, I’ve used this bunny from the Hopping Hares stamp set if from. Now check if the bunny slides up and down, which it should. To create a stop for the bunny when it reaches the carrot, I adhered to a small foam tape at the position I needed the coin to stop. It is behind the base of the polka dot layer.
To add a little more dimension I cut out these tiny mushrooms from the Land & Sea die set. I die cut each image in pale brown and red cardstock. I cut out the red tops and added them to the brown stalks and then glued them at the base of the card.
I hope you like interactive cards and slider cards are always fun to make.
- https://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ – 295 Anything Goes
- http://craftrocketchallenges.blogspot.com/ – Challenge #94 – Summertime
- http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com/ – 186-The Paper Shelter
- https://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ – Wk 15 – Card Making & Craft challenge – Anything Goes
- https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ – Wk 30 Card making & crafting challenge – Anything Goes at Polkadoodles
- http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com/ – Challenge 256 – Summer Lovin’
Thank you for stopping by! See you.