Hello all! Thank you for stopping by.
Today I am sharing this fun ocean scene using Vellum and OLO markers. Using vellum as the ocean is something that I have seen a lot of card makers use and I really wanted to try it out. It was my first time, but definitely, a fun way to capture an underwater scene.
To add more interest to the vellum, I colored them using the new OLO markers. I used BV2.6 Indigo for the darker water color and B2.2 Sky for the lighter one. I die cut the vellum ocean with the die from the Land and Sea dies. The best thing about this die is that it gives a stitched border on both sides of the paper, so you die cut lesser times. I added the coral and leaf at the base, which is from the Seahorse Samm Digital Stamp Set before gluing the vellum pieces over them with double-sided tape.
The dolphins are from the Fancy Fin Digital Stamp Set and I colored the light grey dolphin using OLO marker WG1 Warm Grey 1 and the tiny whale using BV2.3 Hyacinth. Before gluing them down, I made the sky by cutting paper in wavy lines and then used it as a base to ink up the sky.
I added the sentiment from the new stamp set Hula Hello Digital Stamp Set and also added some sequins to resemble bubbles.
I hope you enjoyed this card. I truly love using vellum in my cards as it adds so much dimension.
- https://kcclayoutchallenges.blogspot.com/ – LM #615 – Out of Your Comfort Zone – Colors – I’ve never tried blue and purple as I always thought is more of a bruised color.. but was very happy with the outcome
- http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com/ – 189-All Dressed Up
- https://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ – Wk 18 – Card Making & Craft challenge – Anything Goes
- http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/ – September Challenge ‘Anything Goes’
- https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ – Wk 36 Card making & crafting challenge – Anything Goes at Polkadoodles
- http://cardz4galz.blogspot.com/ – 180 3 of Anything – 3 Fin Friends
Thank you for hanging out. See you next time!