Hello there. I hope you are having a wonderful day!
This month’s challenge is ongoing over at Clever Dexter and the theme is Favorite Technique with our sponsor Alex Syberia. I have seen some of my fellow crafters use her wonderful digital images and I was lucky to also get to do that today!
I am sharing my favorite technique today and that is water coloring. I have always loved using water colors as a way to color, although it can get time consuming, but the end result is always just fun and a lovely explosion of color. I did take about 1.5 hours to just paint these plumerias, but I was very happy with the way they turned out. I have been exploring different mediums with which you can water color, and for this card I used Camel water colors, Mungyo water soluble crayons and Arteza brush pens.
The steps are as follows:
- I printed the Plumeria Card Panel digi stamp image on a Brustro hot press water color paper.
- I Googled the flowers and found that they come in varied colors. But this orange pink ones really caught my attention.
- After selecting the colors from my swatch collection, I started the water coloring. I also have a video of this process over at my Instagram page.
- I had printed 2 copies of this earlier, and using the second one which I fussy cut, I used it as a mask so that I could splatter some blue paint in the background. I used a blue and a glitter blue from Kuretake.
- I used a Pinkfresh Studio stitched frame border and die cut the image on the 3 sides.
- Using a blade, I cut the top of the leaves because I wanted to add some foam tape at the back as to give it some unique dimension. This way only the leaves are propped up.
- I adhered this entire backing to a white folded notecard.
- The corners seem a little empty. Initially, I was going to add some washi tape. But I decided to use some of my freehand skills and drew that border with a black pen. It doesn’t look entirely neat, but i loved this idea.
- Lastly, the sentiment is from Trinity Stamps, which I stamped using Picked Raspberry DI.
Please do head over to Clever Dexter to see what my fellow DT has created for you to feel inspired. And do join us in this challenge. Can’t wait to see what you make.
- https://paperminutes.blogspot.com/ – #731 Leaves
- http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/ – 15th February Anything Goes
- https://craftinghappinesschallenges.blogspot.com/ – #120 Anything Goes
- https://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com/ – #282 MYOBackground
- http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/ – #514 Anything Goes